Happy Monday, Friends!
Saturday was probably the nicest day this year so far, so we spent the day wandering around the seaside village of North Berwick (pronounced "Berrick”), just 30 minutes by train from Edinburgh.
Apparently we had the right idea; the beaches were busy. In typical Scottish fashion, there were people in parkas as well as in summer gear. As soon as it reaches 15 C (about 60 F), it might as well be summer: at least that seems to be the local way of thinking. I’m not a fan of hot weather, so am inclined to agree. It was just about the perfect day, sitting in the sun and enjoying the light breeze.
Hopefully your weekend was also great. Here are a few awesome/useful things to help ease you back into the week:
- It’s the end of the first quarter and the beginning of spring. Perhaps that’s why stuff we resolved to work on at the start of the year gets a fresh look right about now. This article about gentle positives has inspired me twice already this year.
- Speaking of spring, I am looking more critically at my stubborn shower mildew and the patina of grease in the kitchen after a winter of heavy cooking. These homemade cleansers seem worth a look.
- I am embarrassingly sensitive to chemicals and fragrances, hence the link for alternative cleaners, above. Obviously that applies to skincare and personal products, too. Before I moved to the UK, I stocked up on natural deoderant from this shop. I love the cedar and orange stick, which is a light and fresh unisex scent.
- Reviewing your goals quarterly is a great way to gauge how far you’ve come, but can also be overwhelming if you haven’t yet reached your milestones. This article has great advice about what to do when you feel like you are failing.
- Finally, on a light note for spring: this blogger’s adorable hedgehog is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen.
Are you a spring cleaner? What kinds of spring projects or products do you turn to this time of year?
P.S. This fresh cucumber and kiwi salad is perfect for spring.